5 Secrets I Used To Grow My InstagramAug 02, 2021
Why hello Beauties!
Let's talk Instagram. In the olden days, the ability to grow your business and brand relied on traditional boring news sources and expensive ad campaigns!
Thank goodness in Today's world, social media is widely considered the best way to approach marketing because it helps potential clients step right into your brand & get to know YOU!
Studies suggest that 70 percent of the customers journey is complete before they even reach out to make an appointment!
Thats bananas right?
This just means that — as eye rolling as social media may feel sometimes — it’s important to your business that you reach new customers through social.
To make it simple and easy, I’ve created these 5 easy marketing tips that will boost you up and get you going! Let's get it started babes!
1. Engage with other accounts. Social Media should after all be (as its name implies) social! Commenting, liking, and following accounts of the same interests or within our same Industry can help you create a network. You can also follow Local Influencers and individuals who have even some who have smaller accounts that you think may be interested in your services. This will help you get new followers and draw attention to your brand. Building up a follower base takes time, but if you’re not following anyone, then start finding some new peeps! Spend some time following new people and reaching out in the community each day.Engage with your local business and other salons. The relationships start here. TRUST ME!
2. Create FUN content. Instagram is a place where an active feed is a MUST. It doesn’t have to be perfectly curated but it does have to feel active! Make sure you are trying new things and don’t be afraid that it has to be perfect, because it doesn’t! Have fun with it. Choose photos that best reflect your services and Brand. Utilize Carousel feature (Adding multiple photos to a feed post). When visitors swipe the pics, it adds to the engagement and we all know that is Instagrams love language! Get creative with graphics or personal branded quotes. Canva is the perfect site to create beautiful graphics and designs. Check it out!
3. For Reels! . It may feel overwhelming and complicated to take video but do it !! Instagram is ALL about Reels right now! In fact they were quoted as saying “ We are no longer an image sharing app” . They are going all-in on video & you should too. Check out other reels and save the songs/videos you like. Think of how you can use the same idea but translate into your own niche & just GO FOR IT ! Note: You will feel like you don't know what your doing at first and thats normal! Just keep doing it and you will learn and get better! No excuses, go for it babe!
4. Plan it out. Apps like Plann allow you to easily manage your Instagram schedule. There are a couple of ways to go about it. You can put pictures in there, see what it would look like, and arrange them as needed. Or you can do your full post and easily copy and paste it over. It’s a good tool to stay organized But don’t spend too much on this. Posting organically through Instagram is best, But if you need help to just get a visual its a great tool! Instagram doesn’t have to look perfect anymore. In 2017 it did, but not anymore. Its more important to just show up than it is to show up perfect!
5. Show them the story The Instagram stories feature has really taken off in a totally unexpected way! When it first launched, it kinda copied Snapchat stories, and no one really seemed to use it. But Now, however, its a totally different story! [lol get it..I got jokes!]. Stories have become the main place where users show off what they’re doing right now rather than that picture perfect shot they may share later. It is an amazing way to showcase the “behind the scenes” aspects of your business that doesn’t necessary make their normal feed. The best part is that people love to see content from you that is relatable or uncurated. Real Life! It allows them to see the work that goes into your bad ass final product or services. Make sure you save some of those “work in progress” pictures of videos while at the salon for stories so that you can hashtag and highlight the best of your business. Also don’t forget to hashtag in your stories! You can simply go to the text feature and hashtag away! Then pinch it super small or hide it behind a sticker! Awesome right!?
- BONUS: Do a giveaway! This is a great way to drive engagement between you and your old followers as well as get lots of new followers. No need to make it complicated. Make your giveaway a curling iron, a salon service , gift card. Whatever you decide, keep it simple, and it will give you and your social media much in return!
My favorite social media apps:
YOUR ACTION STEPS
- Engage with other accounts
- Create FUN content
- Reels are A MUST!
- Plan it out
- Show up in stories
Here are some of my go-to Instagram apps.
Go check em out!
- Plann – the must-have Instagram scheduling app
- Videoshop – a fast and easy video editor that makes sharing videos not only possible but fun
- Canva – a website that helps you create beautiful designs and layouts
- WordSwag /Story Swag – an app that helps you generate cool text, words, and quotes on your photos
- Over- save your creating as translucent to create new custom text for your stories
- Instagram Reels- Creating reels inside the app are so easy!
- Lightroom – software that allows you to view, organize, tag, edit, and share images
And there you have it! Marketing on social media doesn’t have to be overwhelming. You now have some tips for success as well as all the apps to make it possible. Now, go out there and take your social to the next level. You’ve got this Babes!
Remember .......You don't have to be PERFECT to SHOW UP, But you do have to SHOW UP to be PERFECT!