How To Choose Your Course Type!Oct 02, 2022
Are you thinking about starting your own course? Well, you have two important decisions you need to make!
#1 Which class style do you want to create?
#2 How do you want to deliver your course?
Whether you would like to teach in person or online, the decision is yours! And the best part is you can always mix it up or do a hybrid of each. In this blog post, I am going to help you decide which option is the best choice for you. Don’t worry, you can choose more than one style, but for now, let’s get you started by focusing on which one you will launch with first, then you can always add more styles after that!
So let’s get into decision #1: Which class style do you want to create?
The look and learn class:
- This style is where the student sits back and relaxes while you show the technique. You are in front of the class as you demonstrate the process and explain the step by step.
- One of the benefits I love about look & learn, is that you can really explain everything you are doing. It's so amazing to have so much time to answer everyone's questions. It's a more relaxed class for everyone, and it's a great environment to really soak it all in.
The hands-on class:
- The hands-on course is your complete comprehensive system. It's the most in-depth and detailed. This type of class includes the entire framework from start to finish. This class delivers the complete transformation & can be the most profitable.
- In this class, you really take a deeper dive. Students get to get very Specific and detailed step by step & recreate what they learn on the spot. This is where you teach and the student is fully hands-on.
Now for decision #2: How do you want to deliver your course?
Live and in person:
- In this class, you really take a deeper dive. Students get to get very specific and detailed step by step & recreate what they learn on the spot. This is where you teach and the student is fully hands-on.
- This class can be created using both hands-on & Look & Learn. This type of class requires more detail upfront. Anyone can attend this class wherever they live. student needs to make sure that they understand the tech that needs to be in place prior to class and any rules that you have in place for example only one student per ticket, no watch parties, etc.
- This is a pre-recorded course that can be purchased and taken anytime. This is ideal if your course does not require a special kit, and once purchased they can immediately take your course.
- You can create multiple on-demand classes for different course topics within your niche. This is an incredible strategy for passive income. This can be a hugely profitable revenue stream. This type of class is designed to be on autopilot and you get notified...cha-ching! Now that sounds like a pretty awesome class to me!
The great thing about creating your own course is you are in complete control of how and what you teach. There is no wrong way, it is all about what you decide and what you want to create.
If you’re interested in starting your own course, The Educator Academy is a step-by-step online course that teaches hair stylists & salon professionals how to create, launch, and sell their own courses. The Educator Academy will give you the confidence to finally level up your business & drastically transform your life. This program will give you the exact steps that will skyrocket your income & business, giving you the financial freedom to finally take back your life.